Time to SHINE!
“The highest honor on Earth that you will ever have is the honor of being yourself…your only true job as a human being is to discover why you came. Why you are here.” – Oprah Winfrey
WHO AM I?
An multi award-winning speaker, specialising in empathetic communication, leadership and D.E.I (diversity, equity & inclusion).
I once worked for blue-chip corporates in the high pressure industries of investment banking and IT management consulting in New York and London.
Sometimes I experienced the frustration of not making an impact, mainly because I lacked confidence and didn’t know how to frame and deliver my message.
As someone who was never a naturally gifted speaker and communicator, I think this makes it easier for me to plan helpful learning activities and make a connection with my clients.
I understand how they feel, having been there myself!
Now, I’m grateful to have performed for, or spoken in front of tens of thousands of people internationally and have delivered for clients like American Express, Tate & Lyle and The United Nations, and been featured in Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar and the BBC.
It’s time to help leaders create happier, more engaged and more equitable workplaces, and to encourage teams and individuals to speak up with confidence, impact and influence.
If formal qualifications are your thing and you’d like to see my CV, then please scroll to the bottom of this page.
WHAT I DO
I’m passionate about helping people share who they are and become their best selves. Whether that’s by keynote speaking at an event, delivering a masterclass or working with a leadership team, it’s what fires me up.
It’s so important that organisations create an atmosphere of belonging for their people and for those individuals, in turn, to be provided with the skills and the opportunities to make their full contribution at work.
When individuals have the confidence and tools to share their brilliance, amazing things happen. People are transformed into leaders. Teams and groups perform better. Everyone gains.
I, like many others, have been in the situation where I was afraid to speak up at work. Afraid to share my message in case it came out wrong or was rejected by colleagues, clients and bosses.
I’ve experienced being sidelined at work, and having managers who were unable – or unwilling – to provide empathy and support.
You can watch my TEDx talk to find out more about this.
Bottom line is, I know how it feels to not belong.
And that’s why I’m so committed to helping people feel included, respected, and supported at work.
No more delaying opportunities to speak in meetings or putting life and business on hold by withholding ideas, creations and opinions because of disengagement.
When people stifle themselves and fail to share their magnificence it can have so many negative results including stress, resentment and poor performance.
On the other hand, being encouraged to contribute can have a significant benefit in the workplace:
- We feel courageous and confident
- There’s more energy available to get things done – we’re not wasting it on covering up who we are
- Our example encourages others to speak up too
- Our stories help colleagues and clients to get to know, like and trust us
- Diversity in the workplace is promoted
- There’s greater potential for collaboration
- Fresh ideas lead to progress and innovation
And the list goes on!
I’m excited to offer not just keynotes but training and coaching too, delivered in partnership with a small team of expert associates!
Want to work with me?
COMPANIES, ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANISATIONS:
Find out about keynote speaking
Create an engaged, respectful, high performing workplace with our suite of keynotes, training and coaching covering Empathy, Inclusive Leadership, DE&I and Communication
Find out how to inspire your audience with a virtual keynote
Want something to read?
Download the 2022 Whitepaper on Empathy
Download the PDF guide Preparing for Empathy
Buy the latest book “Big Talk, Small Talk and Everything in Between” (published November 2020)
Buy the book “How to be a DIVA at Public Speaking”
Clients include Deloitte, The Financial Conduct Authority, The United Nations, and American Express
Author of Amazon.com bestseller ‘How to be a D.I.V.A. at Public Speaking’ on presentation skills
Author of ‘Big Talk, Small Talk and Everything in Between’ on everyday communication
Jenny Seagrove Speaker Award 2016 (awarded top result worldwide)
TEDx Speaker on Empathy in the Workplace
Featured in Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, The BBC, Forbes
LinkedIn Learning Instructor
B.A. Natural Sciences, Cambridge University
Postgraduate Certificate of Education, Oxford University
Master of Science (Analytical Chemistry), Emory University, USA
Distinguished Toastmaster, Division Champion and two times Triple Crown award winner at Toastmasters International
Qualified NLP Practitioner
Former Management Consultant and Account Director in New York and London
Coached and mentored numerous leaders and private clients including CEOs, lawyers, project managers, engineers and entrepreneurs
Why choose me?
- I’m an engaging, entertaining, inspiring speaker who knows first hand what it’s like to be disengaged, underutilised and excluded at work. I go further than the typical corporate keynote speaker to truly connect with and inspire your audience using real life stories blended with pithy learning points and applicable step-by-step tools.
- During my keynotes I encourage interaction and also allow participants time to reflect and assess, helping to cement the message.
- As a black, female introvert I’ve experienced some of the biases that exist at work and I share insights in a way that everyone can benefit, not just other underrepresented groups, but the entire workplace. My tools are relatable experiences, impactful evidence, and frameworks and models you can apply immediately.
- I have a unique background, having worked in the fields of education, tech, science and entertainment. I’ve performed for tens of thousands of people internationally so I’m no stranger to large audiences and I maintain a conversational style.
- With training in Stand Up Comedy, TV Presenting, Sales and more, I bring a wide range of skills to the table, all focused on helping your audience have a rewarding and impactful experience during our time together; creating an awareness that leads to lasting change.
- My clients come from a range of industries including healthcare, media, tech, financial services, FMCG, education and beyond.