Speak to raise your profile!
– Get noticed within your organisation and industry by speaking on stages with punch, power and personality
Who it’s for: Conference breakout sessions, events promoting diversity and inclusion, employee resource groups, STEM/data/technical teams, not just women!
This highly effective, inspiring and transformational workshop is ideal for any organisation that wants their people to step up into higher profile roles within the company or industry by speaking at events and conferences.
‘Avid’ means keen and enthusiastic and in this interactive session Shola shares her A.V.I.D. framework that encourages speakers to be Authentic, Valuable, Inspiring and Dynamic during professional public speaking situations. Tapping in to her 15+ years on international stages, the session is lifted by entertaining stories showing how lessons from the world of performance can be applied to speaking up in the work environment.
The session is fully interactive with multiple exercises for participants to try.
The result: Attendees are uplifted, inspired and they see they can be a powerful, engaging speaker in their own way without needing to be a cookie cutter communicator. They learn a simple but highly effective framework that will help them create impactful presentations without the hassle. Individuals walk away with a toolbox of techniques and strategies to be more effective on stage and boost their profile within their organisation or industry. The session also touches on personal branding and how speakers can use their values to help differentiate them from their colleagues and industry peers.
I was incredibly impressed. I’ve been to a couple of courses on presentation skills in the past and this was the most enjoyable and relatable. Shola teaches in a engaging and light hearted manner which is easy to absorb. I would definitely recommend her to anybody looking to build on their presentation and public speaking skills.
– Kurt Beaumont-Jones, Founder Vigo IT Solutions
- Understand and use the 4 step A.V.I.D. formula to rock the stage
- Discover how to create a high energy, engaging presentation even when your topic is dry
- Identify your uniqueness as a presenter
- How to light up the stage without needing a personality transplant
- How to avoid having to rewrite your speech 20 times before you’re happy
- Learn why Aristotle is still relevant 2000+ years on
- How to inspire your audience and invite them in to your world
- How to tell stories that your audiences will thank you for
- Why you shouldn’t start writing your talk in PowerPoint (or similar software)
- Two confidence hacks that will free you up and help you overcome self-criticism
Format: 1 hour interactive keynote, 2 – 3 hour session, 1-2 day workshop
Shola was a fantastic speaker, very engaging, funny and relatable, which helped to bring a more personal feel to the session. I thoroughly enjoyed this session and hope that with Shola’s tips, I can become a confident speaker with practice. Thank you Shola.
– K.M., Hughes Subsea Services
Well done today. By far the best presentation of the day.
– D.O., ACCA