From company-wide keynotes, to leadership training, to small-group strategic action sessions, Shola’s programmes are customised, relevant, and actionable. She’ll sit with you, taking the time to discover the nuances of your organisation, ensuring that your speech feels tailor-made for your audience.
Shola delivers virtually, and has a global client base. She’s culturally sensitive, understanding that different audiences respond better to different examples, analogies, and stories.
Her programmes are super-engaging and highly interactive, as Shola loves involving her audiences through polls, Q&As, and chats. She likes to call her speeches ‘conversations’ and, because of the high levels of customisation and interplay, no two sessions are identical.
Expect inspiration, interaction, and insight!
CULTURE, D.E.I., Leadership: Elevating Empathy
– To increase inclusion, productivity and engagement (Suitable for all employees and delegates)
Creating a workplace where everyone feels that they belong is more important than ever before, but how can you build supportive, cohesive environments within your organisation?
This is a high-impact, inspiring keynote. You’ll walk away with the tools and the inspiration to become a more compassionate and effective leader, manager, or individual contributor. It can be modified for senior leaders, management, and whole-company keynotes. We’ll look at the important themes of curiosity, courage and being a catalyst and you’ll understand the vital components of empathy, how to be compassionate while avoiding burnout, and why skills like emotional intelligence are in high demand.
- Understand the different types of empathy and their impact on your well-being
- Find out how empathy can have an effect upon diversity, inclusion, engagement, retention, innovation, and happiness
- Walk away with a simple three-step framework for being empathetic in nearly every situation
- Watch a live demonstration or (optional) participate in a short breakout to discuss and practise the strategies
- Optional workbook (available for an additional fee per employee): The 30 Day Empathy Plan, contains conversation starters, empathy frameworks and ongoing strategies to help you keep the momentum up, providing reminders and prompts to take action
Keynote or workshop
This keynote may be adapted with additional content to suit any of the following themes:
- empathy + inclusion
- empathy + racial awareness
- empathy + burnout reduction for medical and caring professionals
- empathy skills for the virtual environment
- empathy skills for leaders
Virtual session? We’ll use chat and other forms of interactivity to encourage engagement.
What people say: ‘An incredible keynote speech. The combination of D.E.I. and Empathy really spoke to our workforce.’ Reckitt
Are you ready to implement a company-wide Diversity & Inclusion program? Find out about ‘The Empathy to Equity Blueprint’, Shola’s comprehensive D.E.I. offering of workshops, keynotes and video content.
The Empathy to Equity Blueprint is a series of high impact sessions that cover essential topics such as: Empathy skills for leaders; Running inclusive meetings; How to break bias; Challenging conversations; and Microaggressions.
Book a keynote to raise awareness and then let us partner with you to create lasting behaviour change with our workshops and other content.
LEADERSHIP, CULTURE, PERFORMANCE: THE MULTI-GENERATIONAL WORKPLACE
– Essential skills to cultivate empathy, inclusion and collaboration
With varying age groups present in the modern workforce, it is becoming ever more important to build understanding across generational divides. This keynote focuses on improving your workforce’s understanding and empathy skills in order to cultivate a more inclusive culture. Participants will gain insights on how to foster an environment where individual differences are celebrated, leading to improved teamwork and increased employee engagement.
- Gain insights into the different generational attitudes within the workplace
- Recognise some of the world events that have given rise to generational differences
- Understand the value of empathy in cultivating an inclusive culture
- Explore ways to foster open communication between generations
- Learn how to identify and overcome generational stereotypes and biases
- Discover techniques for bridging the multi-generational gap
- Understand the importance of considering individual differences as opposed to grouping people by age
Keynote or workshop
What people say: ‘Excellent feedback on your session, especially from our executive leadership team.’ Liftoff
LEADERSHIP, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: INCLUSIVE, EMPATHETIC LEADERSHIP
– Equip your leaders with the skills and knowledge to combat bias and foster belonging
After the impact of the pandemic, we know that many workplaces will never be the same again. That’s why today’s leaders need an expanded repertoire of skills and know-how to ensure staff are engaged, happy and productive. In this highly impactful program, leaders are given the skill set to flourish in today’s complex work environments, managing ever more diverse and demanding teams.
- Explore the 6 key traits of an inclusive leader and their related behaviours
- Review key data that support the value of compassionate leadership skills in today’s work environments
- Discover what it takes to create an environment of psychological safety
- Explore inclusive communication best practices to ensure everyone feels encouraged to speak up and make a contribution
- Discuss a number of behavioural nudges that help us bypass bias and create an atmosphere of innovation and belonging
- Review important cultural factors that all managers must consider when they lead diverse, multigenerational, international or intercultural teams
60 – 120 min virtual workshop or half-day/full-day seminar
What people say: ‘Brilliant thought leadership about staying curious and the importance of inclusion to foster better decision making and higher performance.’ Oracle
CULTURE, LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATION, PERFORMANCE: DELIVERING EFFECTIVE FEEDBACK WITH EMPATHY
– Develop the skills to support and co-create your colleagues’ success (Session is suitable for all employees, not just managers)
At work and in our personal lives, delivering effective feedback is a valuable skill. Delivered in the right way, feedback can be empowering, inspiring and can drive an individual, and their team, towards fantastic success.
However, delivered in the wrong way, feedback can be divisive, demotivating, and destructive. And when we avoid giving feedback to spare someone’s feelings, the eventual outcome can be just as damaging.
So what’s your intention as a manager? Is it to break or build? To crush or to co-create? Do you restrict your feedback to the obligatory once or twice a year, or do you feedback continuously, increasing the motivation and confidence of your team members?
This interactive, high energy keynote contains insightful stories, impactful data, and valuable tools you can use again and again.
- Understand the importance of providing ongoing, tailored, empathetic developmental feedback
- Explore the repercussions of poor feedback styles such as The Drive-by, The Comparison, The Public Humiliation, and The Wrecking Ball
- Discover the four elements required to create psychological safety so that your feedback is well-received
- Take away an effective strategy for delivering feedback as an individual contributor
- Learn three different feedback frameworks and the pros and cons of each
Keynote or workshop