Time to SHINE!
“The highest honor on Earth that you will ever have is the honor of being yourself…your only true job as a human being is to discover why you came. Why you are here.”Oprah Winfrey
Who am I?
Hi, I’m a multi award-winning speaker and communication consultant. I’m also an international performer. I’ve been contributing at corporates, universities and schools for more than a decade.
I once worked for blue-chip corporates in the high pressure industries of investment banking and IT management consulting in New York and London.
Sometimes I experienced the frustration of not making an impact, mainly because I lacked confidence and didn’t know how to frame and deliver my message.
As someone who was never a naturally gifted speaker and communicator, I think this makes it easier for me to plan helpful learning activities and make a connection with my clients.
I understand how they feel, having been there myself!
Now, I’ve performed for, or spoken in front of tens of thousands of people internationally. I’ve delivered for clients like Oracle, Belkin and Leica and been featured in or written for Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar and the BBC.
I bring my training in cabaret, stand-up comedy and TV-presenting to the table helping people conquer fears, be their most engaging, confident selves and stand proud in front of an audience, whether during a sales meeting or at a large conference.
If formal qualifications are your thing and you’d like to see my CV, then please scroll to the bottom of this page.
What I do
I’m passionate about helping people share who they are and become their best selves. Whether I do that by keynote speaking at an event, delivering a masterclass or mentoring individuals, it’s what makes me tick. I have a light touch and a humorous style, making sure I always entertain as well as educate.
I’m passionate about helping organisations create an atmosphere of belonging for their people and for those individuals, in turn, to have the skills needed to make their full contribution with powerful and effective communication.
When individuals have the confidence and tools to share their brilliance, amazing things happen. People are transformed into leaders. Teams and groups perform better. Everyone gains.
I, like many others, have been in the situation where I was afraid to speak up at work.
Afraid to share my message in case it came out wrong or was rejected by my colleagues, clients and bosses.
And that’s why I’m so committed to helping people feel included and happy at work.
No more delaying opportunities to speak in meetings or putting life and business on hold by withholding ideas, creations and opinions because of disengagement.
When people stifle themselves and fail to share their magnificence it can have so many negative results including stress, resentment and poor performance.
On the other hand, being encouraged to contribute can have a significant benefit in the workplace:
- We feel courageous and confident
- There’s more energy available to get things done – we’re not wasting it on covering up who we are
- Our example encourages others to speak up too
- Our stories help colleagues and clients to get to know, like and trust us
- Diversity in the workplace is promoted
- There’s greater potential for collaboration
- Fresh ideas lead to progress and innovation
And the list goes on! CONTACT ME
Want to work with me?
COMPANIES AND ORGANISATIONS:
Find out about speaking
Find out about my soft skills training for STEM and technical industries
Find out about corporate masterclasses and mentoring
BUSINESS OWNERS AND INDIVIDUALS:
Find out how I can help you
Want something less personalised?
Buy my book “How to be a DIVA at Public Speaking”
Sign up for the online course 6 Weeks to Speaking Success
Vlog, podcast & freebies
Check out my blog which has more than 50 training videos on public speaking
Download a chapter from my book How to be a D.I.V.A. at Public Speaking
Sign up to my email list (check the footer of this page for the form) for regular advice and to learn about my newest free tools
Check out my Instagram page for inspiring tips
Clients include Deloitte, The Financial Conduct Authority, BUPA
Author of Amazon.com bestseller ‘How to be a D.I.V.A. at Public Speaking’
Author of soon to be released ‘Speak Up On The Spot’
Jenny Seagrove Speaker Award 2016 (awarded top result worldwide)
TEDx Speaker on Empathy in the Workplace
Featured in Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, The BBC, Forbes
LinkedIn Learning Instructor
B.A. Natural Sciences, Cambridge University
Postgraduate Certificate of Education, Oxford University
Master of Science (Analytical Chemistry), Emory University, USA
Qualified NLP Practitioner
Former Management Consultant and Account Director in New York and London
Coached numerous private clients including lawyers, project managers, engineers and entrepreneurs
Why choose me?
- I’m an entertaining and engaging speaker who knows first hand what it’s like to be disengaged, underutilised and excluded
- As a black, female introvert I’ve experience some of the biases that exist at work. I have a lighthearted touch and my work is engaging, effective and relevant so that everyone feels they can benefit from my speeches, consulting and masterclasses
- With a corporate and scientific background coupled with more than 15 years in the role of professional entertainer I’ve performed for tens of thousands of people internationally so I’m no stranger to large audiences
- As a both an award winning speaker and a professional singer, I show my audiences not only how to communicate using punchy, memorable tools and frameworks, but also how to maximise the use of their voices making it easier for them to be heard
- With training in Stand Up Comedy, TV Presenting, Sales and more, I bring a wide range of skills to the table, helping my clients gain confidence and project a powerful and influential stage presence.